Nail polish fixer
Caring for nails is not a simple matter, as it might seem at first glance. Very rarely, a woman will confine herself to ordinary transparent varnish, preferring his bright and impressive manicure.
So that at your fingertips you can create a real masterpiece, you will have to properly prepare. In addition to colorful varnishes, you will need a ton of other materials to prepare the nails, as well as to consolidate the result.
What it is
The classic fixer is considered an indispensable element of every woman's cosmetic bag. At least it will be needed if you are working on a manicure. It is fixers, which are a colorless transparent liquid, that can provide long-term protection for the final pattern and decor on your nails.
Fixer is a classic top, or as it is also called, topcoat. This product is applied, as a rule, over the finished manicure. Its main task is to strengthen the decor and all previous layers of varnish, accelerate their drying.
Developments of modern cosmetics manufacturers are not standing still. Now on store shelves it is easy to find fixatives that have a lot of additional properties. In addition to the usual protection of manicure, this tool can nourish the nails and strengthen the plate itself, provide additional resistance to temperature changes or even physical damage.
In its structure, the fixer is very similar to ordinary transparent nail polish, which often causes confusion. Many women really easily take one for the other, although these cosmetics are fundamentally different from each other.
Transparent varnish can act as a base. But if you use it as a topcoat, then such a manicure will peel off very quickly, exfoliate, and fade. All this is a consequence of the fact that the usual colorless varnish does not possess the qualities that are needed for the full effect of fixing and protection. Among other things, a manicure without using the right top will dry out much longer.
Nail polish fixer is indispensable. This is especially true if you apply manicure yourself at home, and do not apply for services to the master. Among other things, it can be used in the kit when creating complex multi-layer drawings. Fixer can fill in empty sections of the layers, so that the final work will look deeper, more voluminous, will acquire a beautiful shine and juiciness.
This is possible due to the simple and effective fixing structure. It can be applied even if the base has not yet dried completely. Do not do without it when using gel polishes.
Despite the fact that the gel itself strengthens the nail plate and manicure, it is also prone to delamination and the formation of deep cracks, which can easily be prevented if a little classic fixative is applied as a top coat.
To date, there are many different options for varnish fixer. He became an integral material for working with manicure, so almost every major manufacturer of cosmetics did not pass him by.
Vials that are almost identical in appearance can differ strikingly in composition, quality, and additional effects of their contents.
So, there are several main types of fixative:
- The so-called thick fixative. This product, which has a denser consistency, is the result of a high concentration of the main working components. This is the choice for women who use it as a final layer. Due to its composition, a thicker fixer has an increased protective effect, strengthens the manicure and the nail plate stronger;
- Glossy fixer is a kind of exception to the rule, since this tool may not be transparent, but slightly cloudy. As the name implies, its peculiarity is to give the nails a soft and pleasant gloss effect;
- Another version of the "non-standard" fixative is matting. Unlike classical means, it reduces the brightness of the gloss of manicure and the basic word of varnish, and instead gives it a light matte shade;
- Classic fixer dispenses with a sticky layer. However, such funds are considered as a separate species, since many other options require additional drying due to the content of secondary elements such as matting or glossy coatings;
- With the content of various biological additives, cooked based on natural ingredients. This type of tool is used to strengthen and improve the natural nail plate. But this type is not suitable for artificial nails.
Each manufacturer and brand has its own personal technology of manufacturing a fixer. Their composition can vary dramatically depending on what effect the tool should have. As already mentioned above, it is unchanged that the fixer ensures the safety and durability of the finished manicure. Concerning a number of components can be distinguished, which must be present in each classic version of the lacquer fixer:
- Usually, the main active ingredient is nitrocellulosewell, which provides strength and hardness of manicure. Due to these qualities, the product prevents physical and thermal damage to the nail plate, as well as the pattern with varnish or gel on it;
- Elastic component. This can be a rubber or silicone concentrate, which makes the fixer thicker, and also forms a dense film on the surface of the nail during application;
- Additional synthetic inclusions, which provide visual effects after the top or topcoat has dried. It can be velvet, satin, glossy, matting or any other version of the appearance of a manicure;
- Biological components. If you are interested in a really high-quality and reliable fixer, then make sure that it contains the natural components necessary to strengthen your nails. It can be particles of calcium, vitamins of various groups, trace elements and minerals.
What is the difference between finish, top and base
Even many women who can independently make a simple and pleasant-looking manicure may not understand the intricacies of this art at all. But the real master, who knows when and how best to apply this or that remedy, can achieve not only a visually impressive effect, but also a high quality manicure that lasts on the nails for a long time and does not lose its volume and brightness.
The concept of what top, finish and base is, can be considered the main criterion for high-quality manicure gel polish. It allows you to build up the correct idea of how to apply a more complex manicure.
The base is the main layer on which all subsequent elements of manicure are fixedincluding top varnish, decoration, and also a fixing layer. Today, many classic varnishes are 2 in 1 and do not require any preparation of the surface of the nail, except for its cleaning and degreasing.
Exceptions are gel polishes, which require a base in the form of a special tool that improves adhesion between the gel and the tissue of the nails. In other cases, the base can play the role of a corrector, because it can even out and smooth the surface of the plate, and thereby improve the quality of the manicure as a whole.
If the base serves as a kind of foundation, then in contrast to it top - this is the main layer of varnish or gel, which sets the tone for the entire manicure. Formally, it can be compared to a canvas. Usually the top covers the entire nail plate. It can be both color and transparent, so almost any medium can play its role, including fixative, which will allow for greater manicure strength, depth, volume and gloss.
The final is the finish. This is the last layer that covers the nail along with the decor applied to it, providing protection and density. Usually, a special latch is chosen for this, which can guarantee sufficient density.
How to choose
You should never save on your beauty and health. When choosing a nail polish fixer, you should focus solely on quality, because an expired or base product can not only disappoint you with its results, but even damage or destroy the nail plate! Especially this problem is relevant if you apply manicure to the extended nails.
To avoid trouble, you need to follow some recommendations of professionals who will help you quickly identify a poor-quality product:
- Read the label before purchase. Pay particular attention to the composition. You do not have to know all the components by heart, but remember that there should be no formaldehyde or dibutifthal in the fixative. These are toxic chemicals that damage the tissues of the nails;
- To choose the right one, it is best to focus on well-known trademarks for professionals and experienced women;
- Do not buy cosmetics in cheap stalls and supermarket pavilions. It is in such places that fakes often appear, therefore it is best to visit professional large cosmetology departments and shops;
- Do not forget to pay attention to the bottle with the product itself. It should not be damaged, dented, scuffed. The manufacturer’s logo, manufacturing time and shelf life should be clearly visible. This rule should be remembered when buying any cosmetics;
- Also study the consistency of the product. It should not be too thin and not too thick. In a good fixer, there are never air bubbles;
- Do not neglect testers. Outwardly, no fixative has matte shades. Put a little test agent on a piece of paper. A good product does not leave bumps or streaks a few minutes after drying.
How to replace
Among inexperienced women, it is widely believed that a fixer is an unnecessary and even useless thing. You can say this only if the manicure is limited to a nail file and transparent varnish for the fair sex.
Without a good fixer, the result will be very disastrous. It is, first of all, not only about the external qualities of manicure or even pedicure, but about the health of nails. After all, if you neglect the fixative, all the varnish will quickly become covered with cracks, it will peel off, delaminate, and if you use gel polish, you may even damage the nail plate.
To date, replacing such a tool is, in principle, impossible. Using the same clearcoat is not a good idea, as it is not able to provide sufficient density and protection for the nails.
The best manufacturing companies
Mentioning the right choice of product, we did not mention specific product names. But the most reliable way to purchase a high-quality varnish fixative is to focus on the popular and established brand. The proven manufacturers of cosmetics for nails include the following companies:
- Company Orly offers a good tool, which is rightly considered a professional finish. It differs in the formation of a fairly dense protective layer for manicure. In addition, it significantly speeds up the drying of the varnish. Fixers of this brand are used by many experienced craftsmen;
- Kapous Brand offers a wide range of varnish fixers that can be used for both finish and top. There are completely different types of products that not only protect the manicure, but also help to achieve better shine, saturation, volume of the picture;
- Relouis - brandwho has quite a lot of experience in terms of the development and production of cosmetics for nail care. The range includes classic fasteners that can guarantee the protection of your nails and products with additional effects like gloss or matte shade;
- Also has proven itself well. Glos Top Coat. Their fasteners have a medium density consistency and are easily dosed for application to nails. The protective layer lasts at least a week, while maintaining the luster and purity of manicure or pedicure.
How to use at home
You can apply the finish coat correctly without the help of a wizard, if you follow some simple rules., and also follow the recommendations of manufacturers of cosmetics, which was used for manicure and nail care.
First of all, pay attention to what type of fixer you will use. Only individual products can be applied immediately on top of the varnish, in another case, you must wait until your manicure is completely dry. Otherwise, you risk simply mixing the varnish or gel with a fixing fluid, so the manicure will come out uneven, dirty, lose its color and become brittle.
Only after the decor of the nail or its separate layer is fully prepared, you can start using the liquid. It must be distributed over the entire nail plate in 3 movements. The first strip of funds is held vertically in the middle, and the next two - on the sides. The layer should not be too thin, otherwise the fixative will not have time to dry and will quickly delaminate. Excessive fluid density can lead to the same result, so it can be diluted if necessary.
After the finish is completely dry, you can start your usual business, as your manicure is completely protected from any damage. Note that the fixer can be used as an intermediate tool, depending on how many layers the decor of nails provides.
Some women who first experience more advanced nail care, sometimes questions arise regarding the compatibility of some tools:
- Is it possible to cover a regular varnish with a gel top. Technically, you can perform this procedure. It is necessary to prepare the plate before applying the gel itself, degreasing it, leveling and shaping it. But pay attention to the fact that the effectiveness of manicure protection in this case will be significantly lower;
- Is it possible to apply gel polish on top. Even if you use a fixative as a top, it’s best not to do this. Shellacs are applied only on a special basis, and if this is neglected, a manicure or pedicure will quickly deteriorate.
- Also, it is worth separately paying attention to the question of why the fixative layer does not lie uniformly. There can be quite a few reasons, and it is necessary to consider how the liquid behaves after application:
- Collapses. This may indicate poor product quality, too high density or expiration;
- Thickened. Perhaps you are applying too thick a layer of fixative;
- It comes off with a film or peels off. The most common cause is poor preparation of the nail plate, insufficient degreasing, or improperly selected foundation;
- Rolls down. Poor fixer quality, the presence of impurities in it, improper application technology;
- It's getting dark. In this case, the reason may be hiding in the fact that the main layer is not completely dried up and mixed with the fixing liquid.
How to fix for a long time
First of all, the quality of the fixer itself plays an important role. Also, the technology of applying the liquid affects the duration of protection of the manicure. If a woman uses it for the first time, it will take some time to develop dexterity.
The main subtleties that must be observed to achieve the best effect are as follows:
- It is necessary to apply the product quickly and accurately so that it does not damage the decor of the nail and the strokes are uniform;
- The layer should always be as thin as possible. Too thick will not provide better protection;
- A more reliable effect is observed if the fixative is applied to gel polish;
- When using such a tool on ordinary nails, the fixation will last about 7 days. If you apply it to extended nails, then the effect will last much longer;
- Renew the protective layer by repeating the application of the finish every 3-4 days.
Why lies unevenly
The reasons for the uneven distribution of fixative, as a rule, may be due to improper application.
Make sure that the nail plate is well degreased. Also, before applying the fixative, ensure that the base and top are completely dry. When choosing a liquid, avoid too thick ones that contain air bubbles.
Pay attention to the fact that you need to apply the product in a very thin layer, while the strokes should be quick and accurate.
There are quite a few cosmetics manufacturers who offer a wide range of nail care products. To date, brands such as Kapous, Relouis, Orly, Sally Hansen. They offer the best finish and top coatings.
On average, the feedback from experienced women and craftsmen on the products of these companies is very positive. When used correctly, they provide long-term protection of nails, add shine, saturation and volume to your manicure or pedicure.
How to prolong the durability of varnish with a fixer - in the next video.